[ejabberd] muc und 404 remote-server-not-found

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Wed Jan 26 15:48:27 MSK 2011

Hi,
I'm running an ejabberd server which has the main purpose of hosting a
muc. I'm using mod_muc.

I don't have a lot of participants but every now and then people get
kicked out of the room with the following message:
  USER left the room (This participant is kicked from the room because
he sent an error presence: remote-server-not-found).

I turned on debug logging but wasn't really able to identify the
source of the problem.

This happens very frequently with one participant, who is also running
his own ejabberd server. He is running ejabberd version 2.1.6, while
I'm running 2.1.5-2~bpo50+1 (debian lenny).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to debug this? I'm a bit at a
loss...

Thanks,
~David