[ejabberd] Adding MUC to shared roster

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:57:35 MSK 2011

2011/1/26 David Young <davidy at funkypenguin.co.nz>:
> Quick question - has anyone been able to add MUC rooms to a shared
> roster? I want to create a few pre-defined, permanent rooms for my users.

I extend Konstantin's response with references to protocols:

Most XMPP clients treat the MUC room in the roster as a bookmark as defined in
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0048.html#format-conference
and they store that bookmark in Private XML storage as defined in
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0049.html
All this is unrelated to the roster as defined in RFC 3921.
Consequently, mod_shared_roster can't help you.

Regarding possible alternatives:

You want (for each registered account) to add a bookmark to his
private XML storage. For this you can install mod_admin_extra and call
the ejabberd command private_set.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne