[ejabberd] Building ejabberd 3

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:32:18 MSD 2011

I grabbed the source of ejabberd 3 alpha 3 and I'm trying to build it,
but I'm having trouble.  I don't know anything more specific than "It
uses autoconf" and I didn't see anything in the readme about creating
the configure script.

I tried running autoconf and this is what I get:

# autoconf
configure.ac:146: error: AC_LANG: unknown language: Erlang
autoconf/lang.m4:123: _AC_LANG_SET is expanded from...
autoconf/lang.m4:132: AC_LANG is expanded from...
configure.ac:146: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

I'm running on a centos 5 x86_64 using erlang R12B05 from the epel repo.

Is there something I missed?  I spent some time with google and
looking around at https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB and
couldn't find anything about generating the configure script.  Do I
just fail at search today?

Shaun