[ejabberd] Building ejabberd 3

Samuel Wejéus samuelw at opera.com
Fri Jul 1 11:39:41 MSD 2011

On 07/01/2011 03:32 AM, Shaun Kruger wrote:
> I grabbed the source of ejabberd 3 alpha 3 and I'm trying to build it,
> but I'm having trouble.  I don't know anything more specific than "It
> uses autoconf" and I didn't see anything in the readme about creating
> the configure script.

Then you must have read the wrong readme =) It clearly says:

"If you get an error like:
   ./configure: No such file or directory
the solution is to first execute:
   aclocal
   autoconf"

> I tried running autoconf and this is what I get:
>
> # autoconf
> configure.ac:146: error: AC_LANG: unknown language: Erlang
> autoconf/lang.m4:123: _AC_LANG_SET is expanded from...
> autoconf/lang.m4:132: AC_LANG is expanded from...
> configure.ac:146: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

The key is:

configure.ac:146: error: AC_LANG: unknown language: Erlang

You must have Erlang installed to be able to build. Dont know on centos
but on debian it is as simple as:
aptitude install erlang.

> I'm running on a centos 5 x86_64 using erlang R12B05 from the epel repo.
>
> Is there something I missed?

Once you have the ./configure file, if it fails, it will tell you which
additional libs you need to install.