[ejabberd] Ejabber S2S Help

Aamir Khan ak4u2009 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:05:55 MSD 2011

2011/7/1 Kirk Bateman <kirk.bateman at gmail.com>

> Looks like your firewall isn't allowing the s2s incoming from external
> servers.
>
> A quick google will show a list of incoming ports required for federation.
> Also, look at s2s dialback in the docs.
>
> As far as i know, port 5269 is to be opened for s2s communication and as
stated in my previous mail, I can see that i am able to connect to
jabber.org through port 5269. And I am unable to find docs for "s2s
dialback". Can you tell me where i can read about it...its not there in
ejabberd guide.

Also I didn't look at config, but you do have a proper domain setup for your
> server right ? Not just localhost.
>
> I don't have a authentic domain name for the configuration, Can't i just do
it with localhost ? The problem will arise that i must have a public IP
address in order to communicate with other IP addresses ?

--
Aamir Khan
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
email:   aamiruec at iitr.ernet.in