[ejabberd] Ejabber S2S Help

Aamir Khan ak4u2009 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:19:09 MSD 2011

Hey Kaiduan,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have couple of doubts regarding the configuration setup.

*First, What if i don't have a domain name to setup my ejabberd server as of
now. What will be the problems that will cause it not to work?*

I think it may be because when i try to lets say make a connection to "
jabber.org", IP address or the location of "jabber.org" is known to me but
how could it send packets to my local machine as it don't have my identity.
But this doesn't seem to be correct reason as "jabber.org" knows my public
IP address and it can find my machine ?

Second, s2s_in and s2s_out are to be configured on same port ?

I read about how to enable s2s communication and it seems that both s2s_in
and s2s_out connections are make on the same port. Is that a error on my
side or two services can listen on the same port. And in more trafficked
environment, Should i make s2s_in and s2s_out to listen on different ports
to have faster processing?

--
Aamir Khan
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,