[ejabberd] Building ejabberd 3

Samuel Wejéus samuelw at opera.com
Fri Jul 1 18:05:32 MSD 2011

I'm also experimenting with the Alpha 3 release. I'm on a Debian 6.0
box. every  package needed to build the version 3 is in the debian
repositories except EXMPP which could be built like this:

EXMPP In-house developed (by process-one)
Download: http://download.process-one.net/exmpp/
Install guide:
https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/EXMPP/Installation+guide
Project page: https://support.process-one.net/browse/EXMPP

Packages missing on default debian installation that is also needed:
autotools
libexpat-dev
libtool

(needed by EXMPP, (optional))
zlib1g-dev
libssl-dev

glhf Shaun!

Kind regards,
Sam

On 07/01/2011 03:57 PM, Shaun Kruger wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that being in a hurry only slows me down sometimes.
> I'm pretty sure I saw the step where it said to run ./configure and
> assumed that I was past where I would get the instructions for
> generating the configure script.  I'm always sad when I make noob
> mistakes like that after so many years.  fail...
>
> I guess it is time to try it on an Ubuntu server since I am not
> prepared to figure out what is wrong with the epel erlang package.
>
> What other operating systems and methods of installing erlang do
> people here use for testing ejabberd3?
>
> Shaun
>

> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Samuel Wejéus<samuelw at opera.com>  wrote:
>> On 07/01/2011 03:32 AM, Shaun Kruger wrote:
>>> I grabbed the source of ejabberd 3 alpha 3 and I'm trying to build it,
>>> but I'm having trouble.  I don't know anything more specific than "It
>>> uses autoconf" and I didn't see anything in the readme about creating
>>> the configure script.
>>
>> Then you must have read the wrong readme =) It clearly says:
>>
>> "If you get an error like:
>>   ./configure: No such file or directory
>> the solution is to first execute:
>>   aclocal
>>   autoconf"
>>

>>> I tried running autoconf and this is what I get:
>>>
>>> # autoconf
>>> configure.ac:146: error: AC_LANG: unknown language: Erlang
>>> autoconf/lang.m4:123: _AC_LANG_SET is expanded from...
>>> autoconf/lang.m4:132: AC_LANG is expanded from...