[ejabberd] multiple authentication methods: order and priority of operation

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Mon Jul 11 23:11:17 MSD 2011

Suppose I have this in my configuration:
*
{auth_method, [internal, external]}.*

Does this mean if a user attempts a login, it tries internal first and then
external only if internal returns that the user is nonexistent?

Or if I use ejabberctl register, will it try to register with both internal
and external and only succeed if both operations succeed?

Basically my requirement is that I need to support some sort of alternative
authentication mechanism for my internal purposes (specifically, I need a
scenario in which a user might have more than one valid password at a time,
but each password expires in a certain time and/or may only be used a
certain number of times) but I'd still like to have a few users registered
through the traditional auth_internal.

thanks,
Dan