[ejabberd] non-XMPP account creation?

Samuel Wejéus samuelw at opera.com
Tue Jul 12 11:19:28 MSD 2011

You have two choices, depending on you preferences. Either you:

1. Use the SAME account created on your website to let users log in to
XMPP services, then you probably need to write a custom module for
authentication that validates against your own user database.
2. Upon registration of a new user you also register a separate XMPP
account. Do do this you also have to write some custom code but instead
of writing an auth module you need to extend some of ejabberds http
functionality.

Whatever you do, you need to write some code of your own (unless some
one else already written it for you). But its not that hard, a good
start if you choose step 2 is: http://sacharya.com/writing-ejabberd-modules/

Kind regards,

Samuel Wejeus