[ejabberd] non-XMPP account creation?

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:40:22 MSD 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Daniel Dormont <dan at greywallsoftware.com>wrote:

> Use In-Band Registration http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0077.html . On the
> Ejabberd side you have to enable {access_from, whoever} under the settings
> for mod_register, where "whoever" represents the people who should be
> allowed to perform this action.

Okay, let me repeat that back to make sure I understand it.

Registration is separate from actually logging in as an already registered
client (which totally makes sense, now that I think about it).

The client doing the registration doesn't have to be the client logging in.

I can restrict access to the mod_register plugin to just a single JID, say,
registrar at example.com, such that only that client can access the
registration processes.

I think that solves my use cases! Thanks!

Keith