[ejabberd] about the s2s-proxy.patch

Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo charlie.mtp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:31:24 MSD 2011

2011/7/13 Peter Viskup <skupko.sk at gmail.com>:
> On 07/13/2011 07:51 PM, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone, Since this Monday I do not sleep because I can't patch
>> the ejabberd 2.0.0 in Debian Lenny or Squeeze to use the s2s-proxy
>> option. I like if someone can help me.
>>
>> So, I have a question, there's any software that act like a XMPP proxy
>> ??  Why ejabberd don't do it ??
>>
>> Thanks everyone !!!
>>

> Hi Carlos,
> try to have a look on Spectrum [1]. It should be possible to use it as XMPP
> proxy.

I just read it all the pages and configuration files, and sounds like
a great solution, but it allows XMPP users to communicate with their
friends who are using one of the supported networks, and I need a
software that emulate the s2s-proxy.patch to give international
service of jabber to all my servers with private IP. Maybe I just
don't knew how to explain !! To do this I need something like a
reverse proxy who manage all the incoming connection and know how to
route them !!!

Do you know something like that ? The s2s-proxy.patch don't work me on
Squeeze !!!

> I have that in my todo list. I will appreciate sharing of any successful
> implementation of s2s-proxy on Debian Squeeze.

It's sadly but i just failed, my success it just postponed  !!