[ejabberd] Authentication using LDAP and ACL group?

Pawel Tecza P.Tecza at icm.edu.pl
Fri Jul 15 19:42:31 MSD 2011

Dnia 2011-07-08, pią o godzinie 13:55 +0200, Pawel Tecza pisze:
> Dnia 2011-07-05, wto o godzinie 11:18 +0200, Pawel Tecza pisze:
>
> > Does LDAP module of ejabberd support something like that? If not, how
> > can I work-around that problem? Maybe I should use external script for
> > authentication of my users? Any hints are very welcome! :)
>
> Finally I've given up using LDAP auth_method and I've created my own
> external script.

It's me again :)

Someone said me that I can try to use 'ldap_dn_filter' option for LDAP
auth module and modify my base DN. I confirm that it's true. Now I don't
need external script and my ejabberd works for a following settings:

{host_config, "mydomain.pl", [{auth_method,  ldap},
    {ldap_servers, ["myldapserver"]},
    {ldap_encrypt, none},
    {ldap_port,    389},
    {ldap_uids,    [{"uid"}]},
    {ldap_base,    "dc=mydomain,dc=pl"},
    {ldap_filter,  ""},
    {ldap_dn_filter, {"(&(memberUid=%s)(cn=jabberACL))", ["uid"]}}]}.

I hope it can be helpful also for other users.

P.