[ejabberd] Problem setting up ejabberd with pgsql and multi domains

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 15 20:20:52 MSD 2011

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:14:09 +0200
Marcin M <gmane at kolekcja.mejor.pl> wrote:

>  I'd like to use postgresql as database and i'd like to use multiple
> domains with independent users. I did in such way:
> hosts, ["first.domain","second.domain","third.domain"]}
>
> But when i looked into database all records are without @domain, they
> have only username. So user at first.domain is the same user as the user
> user at second.domain. And roster,pass are the same for user
> "user at second.domain" and "user at thirddomain" etc.
> What could i configure wrong?

I've never had any experience with setting up ejabberd with a
non-internal DB backend myself, but [1] hints at that you have to use a
separate database for each of your vhosts, possibly using the per-host
configuration snippets via the host_config statements (see [2]).

Please again note that I'm plainly guessing here to possibly compensate
for a case when no one having the required experience will speak up.

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=526147
2. http://www.process-one.net/docs/ejabberd/guide_en.html#htoc22