[ejabberd] mod_adhoc?

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:15:03 MSD 2011

Folks--

Another question. How can my "admin" client change the password of or delete an account without being logged in as that account? Is that possible with a mod for ejabberd I'm not aware of from the documentation?

I tried sending the register:iq:register packet, but got a 409 conflict error. The XEP documentation makes it pretty clear that a client can change its own password, or unregister itself, so I'm not surprised that this failed.

The docs talk about mod_adhoc, but I see no documentation on how to configure it or what parts of it ejabberd supports. Is that the way to go?

Regards,

Keith