[ejabberd] mod_register_web 'not allowed' error

zhong ming wu mr.z.m.wu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:38:19 MSD 2011

Hello

I have managed to make my ejabberd instance accept in-band
registration.  My authentication method is via external script which
also does registration.

I want to use registration using mod_register_web in parall with
in-band registration.  I can make the website shows up at say
http://example.com:5281/register/

but after entering the captcha correctly I keep getting this error

"There was an error creating the account: Not allowed"

I make my external script log every thing and it logs when doing
in-band registration.  But that script does not seem to be called at
all using mod_register_web.

Here is the tail of ejabberd log file
------------------------------

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-07-27 02:32:06 ===
D(<0.361.0>:ejabberd_http:260) :
({tlssock,#Port<0.3805>,#Port<0.3806>}) http query: 'POST'
/register/new

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-07-27 02:32:06 ===
D(<0.361.0>:ejabberd_http:430) : client data:
"username=mrwu8%40example.com&password=secret&password2=secret&id=321026164&key=185560&register=Register"

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-07-27 02:32:06 ===
D(<0.361.0>:ejabberd_http:329) : ["register","new"] matches ["register"]

Can someone confirm that mod_register_web works with external script?
If so, can someone give me any insight on my problem?

Thanks

Z. M. Wu