[ejabberd] Upgraded to 2.1.6 - clients get disconnected after 60 secs (new behavior from 2.1.3)

Franky Orson franky.orson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:08:16 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem here - I upgraded our Ejabberd servers from 2.1.3
to 2.1.6 and now my clients get disconnected every 60 secs roughly.
Basically, the client gets a "Connection reset by peer". The same client
against 2.1.3 never gets disconnected.

Whether mod_ping is enabled or disabled, it does NOT change anything.

What I don't understand if why this new behavior in 2.1.6? 2.1.3 did not
disconnect clients, idle or not.

Any new Ejabberd config param I should be looking for? I have searched
through ejabberd.cfg and haven't found anything yet. There is also nothing
in ejabberd.log.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

--Franky