[ejabberd] Fresh install errors

Josh Nijenhuis josh at nijenhuis.ca
Tue Mar 1 18:40:55 MSK 2011

I have just done a fresh emerge on gentoo and i am getting these errors
when starting ejabberd

cat /var/log/jabber/ejabberd.log

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 10:39:48 ===
File operation error: eacces. Target: ./string.beam. Function: get_file.
Process: code_server.

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-03-01 10:39:49 ===
     application: ejabberd
     exited: {bad_return,
                 {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                  {'EXIT',
                      {{case_clause,
                           {hosts,["localhost"],["auger.guelph.local"]}},
                       [{ejabberd_config,process_term,2},
                        {lists,foldl,3},
                        {ejabberd_config,load_file,1},
                        {ejabberd_config,start,0},
                        {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                        {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
     type: temporary

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 10:39:49 ===
File operation error: eacces. Target: ./lib.beam. Function: get_file.
Process: code_server.

Any clues where do go from here, I looked on google but could not
decrpyt anything.

Thanks