[ejabberd] Fresh install errors

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:07:38 MSK 2011

2011/3/1 Josh Nijenhuis <josh at nijenhuis.ca>:
> I have just done a fresh emerge on gentoo and i am getting these errors when
> starting ejabberd
>
> cat /var/log/jabber/ejabberd.log
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 10:39:48 ===
> File operation error: eacces. Target: ./string.beam. Function: get_file.
> Process: code_server.
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 10:39:49 ===
> File operation error: eacces. Target: ./lib.beam. Function: get_file.
> Process: code_server.

That is harder to decipher.
Either the gentoo packages of erlang are broken (wrong permissions...),
or there was a problem installing them in your machine,
or you are using the wrong method to start ejabberd,
or the start script included in the ejabberd gentoo package is broken.

You can try to reinstall erlang and ejabberd. Check ejabberd gentoo
package for instructions to start ejabberd. Try to start ejabberd
using the 'proper' system user (I don't know which one is the proper
one in the gentoo package).

If you found the solution, please comment here so other future Gentoo
admins can benefit.

If you can't find a solution after two hours, you can try to install
ejabberd from source code.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne