[ejabberd] Fresh install errors

Josh Nijenhuis josh at nijenhuis.ca
Tue Mar 1 22:02:10 MSK 2011

Okay got a little further and now getting these errors

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-03-01 13:52:42 ===
I(<0.38.0>:ejabberd_rdbms:37) : ejabberd has not been compiled with
relational database support. Skipping database startup.

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 13:52:42 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:73) : {undef,
                              [{mod_muc,start,
                                   ["localhost",
                                    [{access,muc},
                                     {access_create,muc_create},
                                     {access_persistent,muc_create},
                                     {access_admin,muc_admin}]]},
                               {gen_mod,start_module,3},
                               {lists,foreach,2},
                               {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 13:52:42 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:73) : {undef,
                              [{mod_pubsub,start,
                                   ["localhost",
                                    [{access_createnode,pubsub_createnode},
                                     {ignore_pep_from_offline,true},
                                     {last_item_cache,false},
                                     {plugins,["flat","hometree","pep"]}]]},
                               {gen_mod,start_module,3},
                               {lists,foreach,2},
                               {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-03-01 13:52:42 ===
E(<0.303.0>:ejabberd_listener:463) : Failed to open socket:
   {5222,ejabberd_c2s,[inet,{ip,{0,0,0,0}}]}
Reason: IP address and port number already used: 0.0.0.0 5222

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-03-01 13:52:42 ===
     application: ejabberd
     exited: {bad_return,
                 {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                  {{eaddrinuse,{5222,{0,0,0,0},tcp}},
                   {child,undefined,
                       {5222,{0,0,0,0},tcp},
                       {ejabberd_listener,start,
                           [{5222,{0,0,0,0},tcp},
                            ejabberd_c2s,
                            [{access,c2s},
                             {shaper,c2s_shaper},
                             {max_stanza_size,65536}]]},
                       transient,brutal_kill,worker,
                       [ejabberd_listener]}}}}
     type: temporary

I ran

netstat -nl | grep 5222
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5222            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

Any clues?