[ejabberd] shared group affiliations to MUC

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:16:41 MSK 2011

2011/3/2 Daniel Dormont <dan at greywallsoftware.com>:
> to treat this subset of users as a group of some sort and grant or revoke the group's affiliation to a particular MUC, rather than having to do so for each individual's JID?

> Is there any way, either through XMPP,

No.

> ejabberdctl commands

Not to a group, only to individual JIDs.
For that, install mod_muc_admin which provides:
  set_room_affiliation Name Service JID Affiliation
Then you would need to write some shell scripts.

> or some other means,

I thought of ejabberd's ACL and Access, but mod_muc only provides
access_create, access_persistent and access_admin. So, no.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne