[ejabberd] Clustered setup, problems after update (ejabberd 2.0.5 > 2.1.5)

Armando Di Cianno armando.dicianno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:27:22 MSK 2011

> This does get to a larger question I would pose to the community: is there a guide on how to set up the storage type based on the cluster requirements? I found this: http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-December/005535.html which is a good start but it seems a bit out of date and also starts with the configuration of the "master" node as a baseline without really getting into how *that* should be decided.

Thorough documentation -- even just the process or decision tree --
about this would be fantastic. The current docs are honest "add tables
that you'll need to the secondary nodes", but it's hard to determine
what those tables actually are. While I eventually figured this out,
it was quite baffling at first.

__armando