[ejabberd] external component "route" element from mod_service_log

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Thu Mar 17 01:02:51 MSK 2011

Hi all,

I'm starting to develop an external component using the Java Whack and Tinder APIs.

I have managed to register the component using the service listener and I have it configured as a "logger" under mod_service_log. Packets are being delivered correctly, but I see that the packet is enclosed in a "route" tag before it's sent out. May I ask why that's done?

I'm asking because as best I can tell this "route" tag isn't part of the XMPP standard and the Java APIs choke on the packet. I'm working on modifying them to unwrap the "route" tag but I was wondering if there's a way to tell mod_service_log not to send it in the first place.

thanks,
Dan