[ejabberd] privacy lists in 2.1.6

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Fri Mar 25 19:30:11 MSK 2011

On 03/25/2011 05:02 PM, Badlop wrote:
> 2011/3/25 Yann Leboulanger<asterix at lagaule.org>:
>> If I setup a rule that deny all that have subscription=none to send me iq,
>> that also prevents ejabberd to reply to my disco#info request for example.
>> And that's not conform with RFC that says that all<iq>  MUST have a reply.
>
> But the same RFC says in
> http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3921.html#rfc.section.10.2 that:
>> Privacy lists MUST be the first delivery rule applied by a server, superseding ...

Yes I understand, but if you use tkabber with its antispam rule
(blocking everything from contacts with subscription = none) you cannot
know the features of your own server (including if it supports privacy
lists) so many features are disabled (vcard, proxy, server side history,
...) and you cannot even log with Gajim at least, which waits for the
disco#info iq it sent.

So it makes this antispam rule not usable at all.

--
Yann