[ejabberd] mod_admin_extra compile option - where to put code, includes

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Wed Mar 30 00:12:40 MSD 2011

Hi,

I have installed mod_admin_extra and would like to recompile some modules into ejabberd. Can I just point the 'compile' command at my source wherever it happens to be or does it have to be in a special place? If so, where? I am running ejabberd 2.1.6 on MacOS and did not build it from source (though I also have a copy of the source). I tried doing this:

$ export ERL_COMPILER_OPTIONS='[{i,"/Applications/ejabberd-2.1.6/includes/ejabberd/include"}]'
$ bin/ejabberdctl compile ~/src/ejabberd-modules/mod_muc_admin/trunk/src/mod_muc_admin.erl

But then I get an error report saying it can't find the include files ejabberd.hrl and so forth. I also tried copying the headers into the same directory as my module source, but that has the same problem. Is there another way to use the 'compile' command?

Alternately, if I compile the module on my own and copy the .beam to the appropriate /ebin location, is there an ejabberdctl command to reload it?

thanks,
Dan