[ejabberd] messages to wrong ressources

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Mon May 2 15:03:15 MSD 2011

hi,

we are still trying to figure out why we get these duplicate messages:

we get both of these in the client connected as something else entirely (say, /other_client).

we wrote this message the message was written on /web_2143633635130417940746693.

/api_push is nothing but a temporary resource that we use in connection with mod_rest
to update presence information of our user. i "admit" that we do not properly leave
the room after sending presence there, but no client should get messages that are
not adressed to another resource, right?

these message appear only on the clients that are connected with the same _bare_
jid as the same writing clients, other clients get the message only once as it should be.

i can not find any obvious error in the ejabberd 2.1.3 we are using, so i am
asking the list if anyone has seen things like this happen?

greetings,
stephan