[ejabberd] Ejbabberd *not* returning xmpp version on <stream:stream/> from time to time - Starttls

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:00:22 MSD 2011

2011/5/2 Franky Orson <franky.orson at gmail.com>:
> Running Ejabberd 2.1.3 - I connect fine with my own client using SASL most
> of the time but then as I'm testing disconnection and re-connection, I'm
> finding that Ejabberd is not setting the version when replying to my
> <stream:stream> request - see below - 1st paragraph is when it is working

>  this is mostly happening after a reconnection with
> the server but it is working 2 times out of the 3 - weird!

Looking at the ejabberd 2.1.3 source code, the lack of version in the
response can only happen when the request had unexpected xmlns:stream,
hostname, or version. So, if your client sends exactly the same
request, ejabberd should produce exactly the same response. But
according to your tests, ejabberd doesn't.

And apparently this happens only when the client reconnects, and only
sometimes, and only with a custom client that only you have.

To continue investigating, you either:
A) explain how to reproduce the problem
B) or join the ejabberd chatroom, and when we meet, we'll do live
debugging. You'll need to make small changes to ejabberd source code,
compile, provoke the problem, tell me the result. And repeat until we
find some clue about what's wrong in ejabberd, or in your client.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne