[ejabberd] ejabberd_service with multiple external components

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Wed May 4 00:13:42 MSD 2011

I see that ejabberd_service allows multiple component subdomains to share a port and secret key. What I see though, is that as soon as a component authenticates, ejabberd assumes that traffic for *all* of these subdomains must be sent to that component, regardless of the "to" value that was supplied in the initial stream:stream element.

Is this expected behavior? I ask because the library I am using to develop my components (Whack) assumes that even if the host, port and secret are shared, that each component should make its own connection to the server and pass its own subdomain as the value for "to" in stream:stream. The result is that as soon as more than one component is connected, ejabberd seems to pick arbitrarily between the connections.

I've read through XEP-0114 and it *seems* to suggest that each connection should be used only for the component name that's given when the connection is created. Am I wrong about this?

thanks,
dan