[ejabberd] What is the maximum JID length supported by ejabberd?

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:41:59 MSD 2011

I can't say that I have observed one in ejabberd's internals.  I was
just reading string_to_jid() in jlib.erl and it doesn't appear to
enforce any sizes.  I'm guessing it really is just an SQL schema
limitation.  I expect that mnesia wouldn't be limited because it just
stores everything as native erlang terms.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Which mysql tables are you using
that have the 250 character limit?  I expect that you should be able
to change the table definition to increase the field size since I
can't see anything that enforces field sizes when using ejabberd_odbc.

Shaun