[ejabberd] Any scalability limitations with mnesia as the backend vs postgres?

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu May 5 08:46:45 MSD 2011

05.05.2011 13:20, Daniel Dormont wrote:
> I assume this is only in reference to the tables that could potentially be
> orders of magnitude larger than the amount of users/activities on the live
> system, correct? Such tables as passwd, roster, vcard etc. Since some tables
> (session, muc_online_room etc) *have* to be in Mnesia, they're out of the
> picture I guess, right?

You are right. The problems are with disc_copies tables only because the
corresponding disc copy gets fully loaded into the memory.
Another problem is with distribution: having too many distributed mnesia
tables might lead to a bottle-neck, especially when transactions are
envolved.

The described problems are easily to bypass using SQL backend.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.