[ejabberd] Problem restoring ejabberd on a new server

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Thu May 5 09:36:48 MSD 2011

Shawn & Evgeniy,

Thank you for your help.

The erlang.log showed that some modules were missing and the missing modules caused ejabberd to not start.

I'm not sure why the ejabberd.log falsely indicated that the problem was with the first module in the module config list, in this case mod_adhoc, rather than the missing module.

After adding the module beam files to ebin, the new server starts fine.