[ejabberd] PEP through ejabberd_service

Dingding Ye yedingding at gmail.com
Fri May 6 06:20:38 MSD 2011

Hey, all.

I just upgraded ejabberd from 2.1.3 to 2.1.6 and found PEP through
ejabberd_service failed.

After some investigation, I found that it's related to
EJAB-1238<https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1238> and
it's said "Removed "ejabberd_local" <iq/> handlers and "disco_local_* "
hooks with Pubsub namespaces (only "ejabberd_sm" <iq/> handlers and
"disco_sm_*" hooks remain) ;" in 2.1.5.

Below is how I use PEP.

It works through BOSH and the process should be like:  mod_http_bind ->
ejabberd_router -> ejabberd_local -> ejabberd_sm.

When using PEP through ejabberd_service, I add the "To" component into the
stanza and the process should be like: ejabberd_service -> ejabberd_router
-> ejabberd_local. However, because mod_pubsub removed the "ejabberd_local"
iq handler, it returns <feature-not-implemented> error response.

Why ejabberd_local iq handler removed from mod_pubsub and what should be the
correct way to achieve the goal? Thanks.

Best regards.

Dingding Ye