[ejabberd] in band registration script?

zhong ming wu mr.z.m.wu at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:24:43 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/5/8 Evgeniy Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com>:
>> 08.05.2011 08:32, zhong ming wu wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I also use 'in band register' feature of ejabberd and allows
>>> modification of that RDBMS table (addition/change password) etc, etc ?
>>>

>> You cannot without modification the ejabberd sources.
>
> Evgeniy: In fact, since ejabberd 2.1.4 the external auth supports also
> account registration
> and unregistration. That was implemented as part of
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-641
>
> Zhong: check the documentation file dev.html which may be included in ejabberd,
> or look at examples/extauth/check_pass_null.sh

1.  There is examples/extauth/check_pass_null.pl but a first glance it
isn't very helpful.

2. The reason it's not helpful is that I had already tried to dumped
out 'op' part from client.  Let me elaborate. My working script gives
'isuser' or 'auth' for the 'op' part.  I then tries to connect a xmpp
client to the server and tries to register.  It seems that external
auth script is never called by ejabberd for the registeration process.
 Perhaps my ejabberd config is wrong and I need to tell ejabberd that
registering is handled by the same external script