[ejabberd] postgresql ssl connection

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Tue May 10 01:07:03 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 6:29 AM, zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the line in pg_hba.conf that does not work for ejabberd
>
> hostssl xmpp xmpp 10.10.10.10/32 md5
>
> I know postgres/ssl setup is correct; I can connect to this server as
> user 'xmpp' to the database 'xmpp' using 'psql'
>
> ----------------
>
> Here is the line that works for ejabberd
>
> host xmpp xmpp 10.10.10.10/32 md5

Looking around at the postgres native driver as supplied in
ejabberd-modules I see a that it uses gen_tcp, but I don't see any use
of the ssl module.  This leads me to believe that the native driver
for postgres does not support ssl connections.  The error you are
getting that states that there is no pg_hba.conf entry is consistent
with trying to connect to a server that will only accept ssl
connections while using a client that is not capable of ssl.

Shaun