[ejabberd] Stopping bad words

Armando Di Cianno armando.dicianno at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:55:57 MSD 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Manoj Philip
<manoj.philip at pipalresearch.com> wrote:
> I want to stop/block words (banned words) to be used by users by server. How can I successfully enable this...?

There was a "mod_shit.erl" floating around, but it seems that the site
it was hosted on is down.

You can write a filter module that uses the filter_packet ejabberd
hook. mod_filter.erl is a great example, although it filter on policy,
not message body verbage. Use it was an example, and you should be
able to match message stanzas with "bad words" pretty readily.

Discussion: http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_filter
Latest mod_filter.erl: http://yo.jabber.ru/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=284

Cheers,
__armando