[ejabberd] Multiple Domain

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 13 11:24:27 MSD 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:46:58AM +0530, Manoj Philip wrote:

> I have 3 AD servers hosting 3 domains integrated with Microsoft
> Exchange and one ejabberd server. I want to get all the LDAP entries
> from all 3 AD server into my ejabberd server. How to do it. I am
> able to connect to one of the server without any problem....

If your domains form a forest, you can set the ldap_servers directive to
the list of those servers maintaining the so-called "Global Catalog" for
this forest and set the ldap_port directive to 3268, which makes queries
to LDAP be run against the whole GC, not just the domain a
particular server who received the query serves.
Refer to [1] for more info.

If your servers are disjoint (they host unrelated domains) then just
set up three separate "hosts" in the ejabberd configuration file using
the host_config directives, and specify appropriate LDAP settings in
each host's configuration section.

1. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728188.aspx