[ejabberd] mod_shared_roster_ldap - custom group name not based on LDAP attribute

Ben Bradley batfastad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:45:05 MSK 2011

Hi everyone

I've got LDAP auth up and running and mod_vcard_ldap is correctly
retrieving LDAP information when a buddy does a "Get Info" on an LDAP user.
My next task is to setup a single shared roster, based on the results of an
LDAP filter.
mod_shared_roster_ldap looks like it could work for me.

The problem I have is that the roster that I want to display is based on
the results of a specific LDAP filter. My desired roster name and actual
group membership is not stored in the directory.
I'd like to specify a single custom roster name in my ejabberd config and
just have this roster populated with the results of an LDAP filter.

>From the mod_shared_roster_ldap docs it looks like I have to specify
ldap_rfilter and ldap_gfilter.

Is there a way to use mod_shared_roster_ldap in this way?
Or do I have to have the group name specified as an LDAP attribute?

Cheers, B