[ejabberd] Clustering, data (state) sharing, and hooks firing on the cluster / nodes

Hisham Mardam Bey hisham.mardambey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 11:01:19 MSK 2011

Hi Peter,

Although that is a valid solution it will not work for us. We can not
rely on our clients having this switched on as our chat service is
paid and we need to be in control of who can send messages. This is
why we want to block everything by default (yet allow roster requests
to travel through) and only let 2 people chat once they have added one
another to the roster (this will be subject to our business rules via
a packet filter).

Now we could try to inspect every message and do the roster check in
the packet filter inside of ejabberd but we're trying to avoid having
to do that if possible.

hisham.

--
Hisham Mardam-Bey