[ejabberd] protocol issue with ejabberd

Michael Blumenkrantz michael.blumenkrantz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 03:40:38 MSK 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:04:07 -0500
Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

> On 19/11/11 6:39 PM, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have written an XMPP client. It connects with many services, including
> > Google Talk, without issue. When I attempt to connect to anything running
> > ejabberd, however, I receive an error claiming that I have sent invalid
> > xml. I have verified that I am sending identical xml to ejabberd and other
> > services, so the issue is with ejabberd.
>
> Well now, not *necessarily*. But possibly. Can you post an example of
> the XML?
>
> --Toby
>

> > What information can I provide to help developers determine where the
> > problem lies?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike
Attached is a fairly verbose log from my client. The stream init

<stream:stream from="test at darc.ath.cx/SHOTGUN!" to="darc.ath.cx" version="1.0"
xml:lang="en" xmlns="jabber:client"
xmlns:stream="http://etherx.jabber.org/streams">

is generating a disconnect, when it was previously accepted without issue.