[ejabberd] Clustering, data (state) sharing, and hooks firing on the cluster / nodes

Hisham Mardam Bey hisham.mardambey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 04:17:59 MSK 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to
>
> https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/blobs/master/src/mod_roster.erl
>
> both User and Server should be in binary form. If memory serves, whatever
> you get from the hooks is as list, so, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a
> condition like:
<snip>
> I hope this will help.

Thanks, this does (=

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Shaun Kruger <shaun.kruger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you developing modules for ejabberd3 or ejabberd2?  In the
> transition from 2 to 3 many things including users and domains are
> transitioning from lists to binaries.  Also, the xml format is
> changing from {xmlelement,Name,Attr,Child} to #xmlel{} records as
> found in exmpp.

I'm developing for 2 - thanks for pointing 3 out to me though. I was
concerned about working on 3 and running into unforeseen issues (bugs,
API changes?). Since our modules are pretty straight forward and
minimal we can start with ejabberd 2 until we have some time to
migrate to 3 post release.

hmb.

--
Hisham Mardam-Bey