[ejabberd] ejabberdctl update and code_change

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Fri Nov 25 19:47:01 MSK 2011

Hi all,

I'm currently working with deploying changes to some ejabberd modules
that use gen_fsm or gen_server. In this particular case, because of a
change in the state record, I need to run a code_change on these
modules at time of deploy or at least prior to any new messages being
processed by them. I'm currently using ejabberdctl update and while it
updates the code correctly, I notice that the code_change callback is
not firing. Is there any way to make it do that?

thanks,
dan