[ejabberd] http pre-binding: useful to recover from "page refresh"?

Hisham Mardam Bey hisham.mardambey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:11:14 MSK 2011

Hi folks,

I've been reading up on http pre-binding and session attaching (using
StropheJS for example). I understand how it works and how the various
implementations of http pre-binding for ejabberd work. I'm wondering
if this same technique of session attachment is also used when doing
XMPP over BOSH (for web pages in this case) and users fully reload
pages hence causing the entire state to be lost. Can one somehow store
the sid and latest rid and then re-attach to the previous session?
This means presence will not be lost and the user (in this case) can
continue their chats normally.

Is this another usage for session attachment?

hmb.

--
Hisham Mardam-Bey
http://hisham.cc/