[ejabberd] Message sending perfomance

Alexander Kuleshov kuleshovmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:37:43 MSD 2011

Hello,

I have bot written with exmpp-0.9.5 and running in ejabberd.

I need to send message from my bot to several people at once.

I use:

exmpp_session:send_packet(MySession, create_message(UserNick, MyMessage,
Host)).

where

create_message/2 message packing to xml:

create_message(To, Message, Host) ->
   #xmlel{name=message, attrs=[#xmlattr{name= <<"to">>, value=
list_to_binary(To ++ "@" ++ Host)}, #xmlattr{name = <<"type">>,
value=list_to_binary("chat")}],
   children=[#xmlel{name="body",
children=[#xmlcdata{cdata=list_to_binary(Message)}]}]}.

Message are sending, but i have a problem, when i try to send 1 message
simultaneously to 8 - 9 players it's very slow. People get the message on
the queue. Are there any methods of sending messages or maybe I send not
right way?

Thank you.