[ejabberd] BOSH connection warming

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Sat Oct 8 01:33:50 MSD 2011

I wasn't aware of pre-binding until now, but it's something I'm interested
in. I'm still on the 2.1.x series (actually my production server runs 2.1.5
because that's what shipped with Ubuntu and I haven't figured out how to
cleanly upgrade it).

The technique I'm using instead is one that works, but it's not the world's
most elegant thing. I generate tokens and store them in a database, then use
an extauth program that validates these as if they were  real passwords. It
mitigates risk of setting a persistent password and sending it to the user
every time they log in, but the overhead is even a bit higher than it would
be using internal auth.

The system I have works well enough for now, but I might be able to help
work on something here. One slight catch is that I use JsJAC instead of
Strophe because my existing client is based on it, so I'd have to sort that
out.

dan