[ejabberd] ejabberd events etc

Stefan Bogner sbogner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 22:19:39 MSD 2011

Hi,

please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but erlang drives me nuts and I
currently don't really have the time to dive into another programming
language...

So I understand ejabberd has events which can be hooked into using erlang
scripts/modules. What I am trying to achieve is simply run a shell (bash)
command for the following events:

  - User in roster goes online
  - User in roster goes offline
  - User in roster changes status (ie Online to Busy)
  - New message for account xyz

My hope is that there is an existing ejabberd module that I can use for that,
yet I was unable to find one :-(

Any hints would be appreciated. If there's no such thing I'd also appreciate
hints/pointers to ejabberd modules that might achieve this with just a few
changes to the code (I guess I might be able to do that using c'n'p without
really having to learn erlang :-)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers-
  Stefan