[ejabberd] Message sending perfomance

Alexander Kuleshov kuleshovmail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:54:54 MSD 2011

2011/10/10 Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm at users.sourceforge.net>

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:34:58 +0000
> Alexander Kuleshov <kuleshovmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Is anything methods to multiply message sending like in muc? From 1
> > jid to 10 different jid for example?
> Looks like you need [1] which seems to be implemented by [2].
> I'm not aware of the status of this module with regard to 2.1.9.
>
> 1. http://http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0033.html
> 2. http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_multicast

Hello,

thank you. I try to add module mod_multicast to ejabberd.

I compile mod_multicast and ejabberd_router_multicast and put them to
ejabberd dir. then in my ejabberd.cfg i added:

{mod_multicast, [
{host, "localhost"},
{access, multicast}
]}

But i get error when try to connect with client:

=ERROR REPORT==== 2011-10-11 13:52:31 ===
** Generic server ejabberd_mod_multicast_localhost terminating
** Last message in was {route,
  {jid,"test1","localhost",[],"test1","localhost",[]},
  {jid,"test2","localhost","myhost","test2","localhost",
"myhost"},
{xmlelement,"iq",
[{"id","aab9a"},{"type","result"}],
[{xmlelement,"query",
[{"xmlns","jabber:iq:private"}],
[{xmlelement,"storage",
[{"xmlns","storage:bookmarks"}],
[]}]}]}}
** When Server state == {state,"localhost","localhost",multicast,
{service_limits,
{limits,{default,100},{default,100}},
{limits,{default,20},{default,20}}}}
** Reason for termination ==
** {{case_clause,"jabber:iq:private"},
[{mod_multicast,process_iqreply_result,4},
{mod_multicast,handle_info,2},
{gen_server,handle_msg,5},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

What's wrong?