[ejabberd] mod_http_fileserver prompts browser for client certificate

Jesse Thompson jesse.thompson at doit.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 18 01:05:51 MSD 2011

It seems that mod_http_fileserver is prompting browsers for client
certificates.  I assume that it's always done this since I haven't
changed this server in years.  But now it seems that some browsers are
being pickier and not allowing users to continue.

I have it configured as follows:

   {443, ejabberd_http, [
                          {ip, {x.x.x.x}},
                          tls,
                          {certfile, "/x/x/x"},
                          {request_handlers, [
                              {["web"], mod_http_fileserver}
                          ]},
                          http_poll,
                          http_bind,
                          web_admin
                         ]}

Ejabberd 2.0.5 (maybe this is fixed in a more recent version of Ejabberd?)

This seems to be the same problem as described here:
http://www.ejabberd.im/node/3802#comment-55059

Any ideas how to configure ejabberd and mod_http_fileserver to not
prompt for a client certificate?  Otherwise, I'm going to install Apache
and set it up to serve the files and proxy the http-bind connections.

Jesse