[ejabberd] restart strategy for extauth

Daniel Dormont dan at greywallsoftware.com
Wed Sep 7 23:32:32 MSD 2011

Hi, I am using extauth and I'm running into a tricky situation: what
happens if my extauth program crashes? As best I can tell, what
happens is the port closes and subsequent auth requests fail with a
message like:

=CRASH REPORT==== 6-Sep-2011::17:33:02 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: gen:init_it/6
    pid: <0.20948.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {badarg,[{extauth,call_port,2},
                             {ejabberd_auth_external,check_password_extauth,3},
                             {ejabberd_auth,check_password_loop,2},
                             {cyrsasl_plain,mech_step,2},
                             {cyrsasl,server_step,2},
                             {ejabberd_c2s,wait_for_feature_request,2},
                             {p1_fsm,handle_msg,10},
                             {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
      in function  p1_fsm:terminate/7
    ancestors: [ejabberd_c2s_sup,ejabberd_sup,<0.38.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.263.0>]
    dictionary: [{'$internal_queue_len',0},{random_seed,{12982,22012,13984}}]
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 6765
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 3268
  neighbours:

Can extauth be configured to restart the program automatically? thanks,

dan