[ejabberd] restart strategy for extauth

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:51:48 MSD 2011

2011/9/7 Daniel Dormont <dan at greywallsoftware.com>:
> Hi, I am using extauth and I'm running into a tricky situation: what
> happens if my extauth program crashes? As best I can tell, what
> happens is the port closes and subsequent auth requests fail with a
> message like:
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 6-Sep-2011::17:33:02 ===
>  crasher:
>    initial call: gen:init_it/6
>    pid: <0.20948.0>
>    registered_name: []
>    exception exit: {badarg,[{extauth,call_port,2},
>                             {ejabberd_auth_external,check_password_extauth,3},
>                             {ejabberd_auth,check_password_loop,2},

> Can extauth be configured to restart the program automatically? thanks,

ejabberd 2.1.7 has this feature, no need to configure it:
> Restart an extauth script instance if it crashes
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1428

Apparently you found a bug in that feature and sometimes it doesn't restart.
Can you provide a modified check_pass_null.pl (or any other simple
script) that provokes the crash, so I can investigate why some
crashing scripts aren't restarted?

---
Badlop
ProcessOne