[ejabberd] shared rosters don't work with PAM auth

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:03:31 MSD 2011

2011/9/8 John de Largentaye <john at largentaye.org>:
> I have a server running with PAM auth and shared rosters. PAM auth
> works. I have setup a shared roster 'everyone' as follows:
>
> Name: Everyone
> Members: @all@
> Displayed Groups: everyone
>
> However this doesn't seem to work: users don't see each other unless
> they manually add each other. I tried permuting case to no avail.

The misfeature is in ejabberd_auth_pam.erl which implements this function:
> get_vh_registered_users(_Host) ->
>    [].

PAM auth doesn't provide any way to mod_shared_roster to know the list
of registered accounts.

> Any pointers on how I can fix this?

Instead of [], that function should return a list with accounts; example:
 [{"user2","localhost"},  {"badlop","localhost"},  {"user1","localhost"}]

---
Badlop
ProcessOne