[ejabberd] Creating users and roster items via a web app

Vineet Naik naikvin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:11:16 MSK 2012

Hi,

I am working on a web application in python (using django). Upon every new
registration, I want to register 2 new users in ejabberd and add them to
each other's roster.

What is an elegant method to achieve this ?

One way I am thinking of is using mysql based authentication and
mod_roster_odbc. Then manually inserting into the database everytime a user
signs up. Although I haven't tried this and not sure if the registered
users will show immediately or not because of any caching that ejabberd
might be doing for performance (this is just a guess!)

Anyway I feel there must be a better alternative than this.

Thanks,
Vineet